Posted On: Friday, March 9, 2018
The County has received a plan of subdivision application (County file number 42T-2018-03) to create a total of six (6) blocks. A total of twenty three (23) townhouses are proposed within three (3) of the six (6) blocks. The proposed subdivision is located in the settlement area of Thornbury, southwest of the new Foodland store. Servicing to the proposed subdivision will be via municipal water and sewer services. Various reports have been submitted with the proposed subdivision application. The application and supporting studies will be circulated to prescribed agencies and the public for review and comment. The proposed development also requires an amendment to the Town of The Blue Mountains Zoning By-law.
A proposed zoning by-law amendment application requests to rezone the lands from the Development (D) zone to the Residential Multiple (RM1) zone, or other appropriate zoning category, to facilitate the development of the 23 townhouse units, with site specific provisions to permit reduced setbacks.
The public meeting is an opportunity for members of the public to learn more about the proposed development. Attendees have the opportunity to hear a brief presentation about the development, ask questions, and/or make statements either in favour of, or in opposition to the development.
The public meeting will take place at a Council meeting and the moderator will keep the meeting in order and allow the applicant (and their development team), the public, and members of Council to speak and ask questions. No decisions are made at this meeting, it is simply an opportunity to learn and provide feedback.
Why is this Public Meeting being held and what are your rights?
Within Ontario the planning and development process is an open and transparent process, where opinions from all individuals and groups are welcomed. By law a municipality must hold a public meeting, and this meeting is just one of your chances to learn about the development proposal and offer your opinions. Under the legislation governing this development process, which is sections 34 and 51 of the Planning Act, you have the following rights:
1. Any persons may attend the public meeting and/or make written or verbal representation either in support of or in opposition to the proposed Zoning By-law Amendment or Plan of Subdivision.
2. If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting or make written submissions to the Town of The Blue Mountains before the zoning by-law is approved or refused, or to the County of Grey before the Plan of Subdivision is approved or refused, the person or public body is not entitled to appeal the decisions of the Town of The Blue Mountains or the County of Grey to the Ontario Municipal Board.
3. If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting or make written submissions to the Town of The Blue Mountains before the zoning by-law is approved or refused, or to the County of Grey before the Plan of Subdivision is approved or refused, the person or public body may not be added as a party to the hearing of an appeal before the Ontario Municipal Board unless, in the opinion of the Board, there are reasonable grounds to do so.
4. If you wish to be notified of the decision by the Town of The Blue Mountains in respect to the approval or refusal of the Zoning By-law Amendment, or the County of Grey in respect to the approval or refusal of the Plan of Subdivision, you must make a written request to the Town or the County, at the addresses noted on the previous page. Please note application file#P2600 (for the Zoning By-law Amendment) when directing correspondence to the Town and Plan of Subdivision Application 42T-2018-03 when directing comments to the County.
5. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Town staff, who would be happy to answer any questions on the matter.
Denise Whaley (Town Planner)
Town of The Blue Mountains
519-599-3131 ext. 262
Location: Marsh Street Centre
Location: L.E. Shore Memorial Library - 173 Bruce Street South
Location: L. E. Shore Library
Location: 727349 21st Sideroad Blue Mountains
Location: Thornbury Clear Choice Pools and Spas
Location: Beaver Valley Community Centre