|What does this mean for businesses?
Many businesses sectors will not be permitted to operate during the pandemic, and others will be need to modify. The follow outlines some of the restrictions to business during the 'Grey' lockdown details of the Provincial COVID-19 Framework.
The above is only a summary of some of the sector restrictions. For a more complete breakdown, download the Provincewide Shutdown document.
- Retail stores (aside from essential retail, such as grocery stores and pharmacies) will be closed for in-store shopping. Curbside pickup and delivery may continue.
- Restaurants and bars will be closed for dining. Take out can continue.
- Sports and recreational fitness facilities will be closed. This includes outdoor recreation, such as ski hills and skating rinks.
- Personal care services will be closed.
- Hotels and Motels are permitted to operate except for pools, fitness centres, meeting rooms and other recreational facilities.
- Household services, such as housekeeping, cooks, nanny services and babysitters, may continue.
- Real estate agencies are permitted to operate with showings by appointment only.
- Short-term rentals (not including hotels) are not permitted. No new reservations except for individuals who are in need of housing.
Businesses are also required to have COVID Workplace Safety Plans in place. Learn More